I've been fighting the blog bug for way too long but I figure I need to go ahead and put my thoughts down and get the ball rolling. There's so much to say but I have to start somewhere, right?
I've been checking out the blogs of friends of mine and have been coveting them secretly for months. I had a bit of practice doing the websites for Drew's sports teams (www.thccpeeweebball.shutterfly.com and www.thccpeeweeflag.shutterfly.com) and kept saying to myself . . . do the blog . . . do the blog. But parenting and life always seemed to get in my way. I mean if you had to choose between playing or hanging out with your kids or sitting in front of a computer, really which one would win out . . . (I know that may depend on what kind of day you're having). But honestly, we stay so busy with activities and fun stuff that I have been BSing about doing the blog.
So why the name? Well, we had a teenage neighbor from North Carolina who took to our family this past year and her pet name for me was Momma Chelle so this is kind of a tribute to her. Sherese moved back down south with her mom and to go to college but she was the inspiration for the title. She's the baby girl I never had and we love her to pieces so this is a good way to say thanks!
So why the blog? Well, why not? Lord knows with four boys I definitely have a lot going on and a lot on my mind. And for those of you who know me and know me well you know I always have a lot to say so this seemed as good an idea as any. Besides, this site is not blocked at work so I can post stuff while I'm working my 9 to 5 (on my lunch break of course) and that definitely is an added plus.
Besides, this technology allows me to have a permanent memento of my life and an easy way for me to share it with people I care about (and those who care about me and the boys).
Anyway, this is my foray into this medium. I hope it's not too boring and brings a smile or chuckle your way. I know despite the stress sometimes, I sure am enjoying my so called life.
Until next time . . . love, peace and hair grease!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment