The DC area was hit with blizzard conditions in January only to be followed with what was dubbed "Snowmaggedon" during the first week of February . . . at this point I am so over the snow and am ready for Spring. The boys' basketball games were cancelled for the second consecutive week and I'm pretty sure the PG County school system is fresh out of snow days. There was so much predicted that the Federal Government (my employer) shut down operations four hours early on Friday and pretty much everything was shut down on Saturday and Sunday and most school systems have already announced closure on Monday (which was no surprise).
Of course, the boys quite enjoy the snow and the no school but mommy is getting cabin fever and hates having to worry about shoveling and if the power might go out and whether we have enough food and if they'll drive me crazy from being stuck in the house.
So here's some shots from our neighborhood as we welcomed, albeit begrudgingly, about 2 feet of heavy snow. Thankfully our power lines are underground so we've been okay so far about having (and keeping) power and I did actually see a snow plow come through on Friday night when the snow started. No such luck ever since but since we have no plans to go anywhere I guess it's okay.
Of course, the boys quite enjoy the snow and the no school but mommy is getting cabin fever and hates having to worry about shoveling and if the power might go out and whether we have enough food and if they'll drive me crazy from being stuck in the house.
So here's some shots from our neighborhood as we welcomed, albeit begrudgingly, about 2 feet of heavy snow. Thankfully our power lines are underground so we've been okay so far about having (and keeping) power and I did actually see a snow plow come through on Friday night when the snow started. No such luck ever since but since we have no plans to go anywhere I guess it's okay.
another shot of my neighborhood from the driveway
the dynamic duo in the backyard
Drew and Nic checking out the snow
Nic standing in the back room with the view of the snow on the deck
Davon and Nic posing for me
No comments:
Post a Comment