Anywho, the dynamic duo have actually visited the dentist before but this was Nic's first ever visit. He did surprisingly well with having someone other than me (or himself) digging around in his mouth. They all actually did really well and I don't anticipate any issues in the near future. And I am also proud to report that all the boys are still members of the NO CAVITY CLUB. WOO HOO!!!!!! At least they're doing something right with their haphazard brushing.
"open wide, buddy"
Dylan with "Mr. Thirsty" and hygienist Hunter
Dr. Caroline checking Dylan's gorgeous smile
Drew hanging out with Dr. CAnd I don't have pictures, but Davon actually went to both the orthodontist and the dentist in the last week as well. He got his braces in March (thank God for supplemental dental coverage because have you priced that lately? It costs a pretty penny for a beautifully straight smile) and had his first official dental cleaning since the install. While his monthly orthodontic appointments have been going swell and well, Dr. V (our primary dentist) let Davon know he needs to do a much better job in brushing. Hopefully with her advice and my pestering he'll take heed. And I am stressing that I would hate to invest all this money in his mouth for the braces to come off and he have a straight yuck mouth. That is not a good look. Hopefully in six months, she'll be able to see a difference in his dental diligence.
The dynamic duo also had their annual checkups with Dr. Kelly. Nothing unusual to note and they both are extremely healthy. The funniest thing to me was the small differential in their size. As most of you know Drew and Dylan are only 22 months apart and because of Drew's late birthday they are only one grade level apart in school. Well, it appears this proximity is going to rule in their lives as well. Drew weighed in at 54 pounds . . . Dylan was an even 50 pounds. Drew is just an inch shy of 4 feet tall . . . Dylan is only 3 inches shorter. Now you can better understand why is sometimes feels like they're twins, although I can't imagine how much crazier my life would be if they were in fact twins.
Dr. Kelly checking out my baby Dylan
Drew posing like he's on a photo shoot or something
Drew answering Nurse Daisy's questions
Dylan and Nurse Daisy taking his blood pressureI am thankful for the benefits of this good gubment job I hold. With the talk of universal healthcare and all the stats about the number of uninsured Americans, I can totally appreciate having the luxury of being able to visit the doctor and other medical professionals on a regular basis, and not just in case of an emergency. With the number of dependents I have, I need all the help I can get. It is truly one of those things that you don't realize the importance of unless you are in need of it and don't have access to it. And while my life is far from perfect, I thank God for all that He has blessed me with - healthy kids, access to healthcare, etc. As a parent, I worry about enough. Thankfully, knock on wood, I don't have to worry about their health. I pray it stays that way.



No comments:
Post a Comment