
My family enjoys eating out and I like a good value with good customer service. And our local Chick-fil-A fits that bill exceptionally well. And the locations near us all have indoor play areas that will keep them jokers of mine occupied for hours so that's a parent's paradise. So this past Friday (July 9th), we had even more reason to head over to one of our favorite spots . . . their annual Cow Appreciation Day. Now those of you who are unfamiliar with what this annual event entails, patrons who come fully dressed as a cow, get a free meal or if you're dressed partially, you can get a free entree. Now you all know me and free, so you know I was down for this challenge.
Chick-fil-A will help you out too by offering a "starter kit" - spots, a tail, ears, a nose and their famous placard announcing "EAT MOR CHIKIN." This was very helpful but I took it a step further by going to the dollar store and buying some white poster boards that I cut in half and used ribbon to make us our own placards.
On one I used their slogan "EAT MOR CHIKIN" but I created three others that said "I LUV FREE CHIKIN" (that was the one I wore since I am such a fan of free), "DID SUMBODE SAY CHIKIN?", and "MY MOM FEEDZ US CHIKIN."
So after we capitalized on another freebie by hanging at a local county run splash park which is free admission for kids with a rec card from 4pm until closing on Fridays and Saturdays we taped spots, ears and noses on us and put the placards on and up to the counter we went.
Now with my four kids, one of Davon's friends Taylor and me in our party I was overjoyed for this trip to be a free one. I saved over $32 and had to do the happy dance. Dylan and Nic got nuggets kids meals with drinks, Drew got a chicken sandwich meal and a strawberry shake, Davon tried the new spicy chicken sandwich meal with a drink, and Taylor got a chicken sandwich meal with a drink. I tried the chargrilled chicken & fruit salad which was okay. We ate, they played for a bit and then we headed to another Chick-fil-A location on the way home so that I could get Carlos a meal (and myself a sandwich) and so Taylor could get her mother something, saving another $16. So this promo saved us almost $50.
This was by far one of the better freebies I have run across and I have capitalized on my fair share of free activities and offerings. We'll definitely participate next year (I'm saving our placards for future use) and don't worry, Chick-fil-A gets a lot of my business so they'll recoup this one time giveaway.
Nic prepping for this cow-xursion
Dylan and Nic greeting the Chick-fil-A cow
Nic getting his nose adjustedAs they always say at Chick-fil-A, this was truly "my pleasure."




No comments:
Post a Comment